The first 100% free, 100% digital film festival by Arte is back for a 5th edition! Launched in 2016, ArteKino is the first film festival where digital meets festival. The festival is available in 45 countries during the whole month of December. As a viewer, you are able to watch 10 European movies for free with subtitles in 10 languages
All you need to do in order to access the movies is register with an email address and that’s it! Note that some movies can’t be watched in your country due to their agreements with rights holders. Most of the movie’s subtitles are available in 10 languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Ukrainian.
- Love me tender (2019) – Klaudia Reynicke (Switzerland) 83 min
- Sébastien Tellier: Many Lives (2020) – François Valenza (France) 80 min
- Ivana the terrible (2019) – Ivana Mladenović (Romania, Serbia) 86 min
- Cat in the wall (2019) – Mina Mileva, Vesela Kazakova (Bulgaria, UK, France) 92 min
- Lessons of love (2019) – Chiara Campara (Italy) 79 min
- Son of Sofia (2017) – Elina Psykou (Greece, Bulgaria, France) 111 min
- THF: central airport (2018) – Karim Aïnouz (Germany, France, Brazil) 100 min
- Motherland (2019) – Tomas Vengris (Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Greece) 97 min
- Negative numbers (2019) – Uta Beria (Georgia, France, Italy) 110 min
- Full contact (2015) – David Verbeek (Netherlands, Croatia, Germany) 105 min
“The ten feature length films, made by creators from ten different countries, pay homage to the cultural and linguistic diversity found across Europe. Our selection highlights new creators and their diverse sources of inspiration, along with how they address geopolitical changes and intimate crises. Being either documentaries or fiction, or blending the borders between the two, these films offer a range of views, from melancholic to cheerful, of a transforming world.” Olivier Père, ArteKino Festival Artistic Director
For this fifth edition, there are three prizes that will be awarded at the end of January 2021.
The European audience award
Each spectator can be a judge and vote for its favorite movie. A movie that gets the highest rating will be rewarded with the “European Audience Award” along with 20 000€ prize for a wider promotion.
The young audience award
This prize will be given by a jury of ten young Europeans to one of 10 films from the ArteKino festival selection. The winner will be awarded 10 000€ and will be invited to Paris for the European Audience Award and the Young Public Award Ceremony in January.
The spectator awards
This prize will be given randomly among all registered spectators who voted for the films online. For 1 spectator who viewed at least 7 of the 10 films in the competition of the Festival, it will be given 1 stay at the Locarno Film Festival with accreditation, transport and accommodation. For 50 spectators who viewed at least 3 of the 10 films in the Festival competition, it will be given 50 Google connected objects.